As we begin November, we leave the rainy season behind us and enjoy a couple of cooler months before it all begins to heat up again in January. School is in full swing and busy as ever as we suddenly realize we’ve been teaching for two months and we may or may not be at the point in the textbook where we hoped to be.
There’s plenty of leaves for the girls to rake up in the afternoons and it’s not too hot to make working uncomfortable. These few months, from August to the end of December, is my favourite time of the year. Sunny days, everything is green, cooler temperatures, and loads of puppies being born.
We’ve all been participating in the international week of prayer, which began last Sabbath. Ages 13 and up go to the church and the younger children to the floodlights under the orphanage. Laura takes the older girls and I go with the younger girls to the orphanage. There they participate in Scripture memorizing – one verse for each day – singing songs, listening to Teacher Tim tell a story and learning how to pray. I’m pleasantly surprised to find that I can understand most of what Tim and Wendy say as they speak to the children in Khmer. I like feeling like I am starting to get somewhere with the language as I was quite slow to get started.
I have so much to be thankful for. God is always so good to me – through the good things and the bad things. He is merciful and forgiving and always helps me get back up when I have fallen down.
Good things that have happened recently, there’s so much, but I’ll just mention a few.
- Participating in this week of prayer
- My dog was quite sick and didn’t eat or drink for over a week, but he has now recovered. I am so glad, I didn’t want to lose him. He’s a good mate.
- A package arrived for Laura from her parents. It’s always exciting to have one arrive. A big thank you to Laura’s parents for their continual support and care.
- The many different ways that God provides for this place and the things He uses to teach us.
- Nobody failed my geography test in my grade 8 class – hmm, maybe I made it too easy. I find it a little hard to get that right balance.
- Celebrating Hym’s birthday and some other special times over the past couple of weeks – including avocado fruit shakes! – a rare treat.
“Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.” ~ 2 Corinthians 2:14 ~
Thanks for reading
May God bless you all